Tuesday 19 February 2013

EOWT Vol.30 // Toro Y Moi at Lee's Palace




This post is going to be mostly a EOWT with a bit of a review of the Toro Y Moi/Wild Belle show in Toronto on Sunday. First off I'll start with the EOWT bit with a groovy Tropical Disco beat remix of Rhye's Open by Jeff Samuel, those drums are absolutely killer. With fresh new James Blake that I feel many of you may have heard I've come with a bootleg from Vlsson who turns Retrograde into a future hip hop vibe. Continuing on the theme of big artist releases I've also got a remix of the new Justin Timberlake song 'Suit and Tie' from Julio Bashmore who turns the track into an organ key disco tune made for the dance-floor. This has to be one of my more upbeat posts so before I throw in a more downtempo song I'll leave you with two awesome remixes more recently from Star Slinger for Bondax and another one from Teen Daze for Said the Whale. The final song of EOWT is an old favourite of mine from T.O artist Foxes in Fiction who creates tunes that are utterly mesmerizing for lack of a better term. 












Now for Pt.2 of this post is a little review of the Toro Y Moi/Wild Belle show and some of my favourite tracks from the concert. First of all I want to say both acts absolutely killed it, Wild Belle opened up playing some tracks off of their forthcoming album, Natalie Bergman being a goddess as usual. Toro planned his set out just about perfectly closing right before the encore with the banger off of his new album 'Say That' and closing out the show with the classic 'Low Shoulder'. I haven't really talked too much about Toro's new album but so far (and I know it's premature) I can see it being one of the top albums of 2013. 








No comments:

Post a Comment